Friday, August 22, 2008

Anyone know a good plumber?

Okay, so I thought that I was done with the whole sad sopping with the preschool days. I was totally wrong! It is so hard to put into words the feelings that were in my heart the day that I watched my little girl go to school for the very first time. I wanted very much to be happy for her, but all I could think about was my baby girl isn't going to be at home with me anymore. It was a really hard concept for me to grasp and suddenly all of those precious memories that I thought I had forgotten suddenly came rushing back as I watched her make new friends as she stood in line waiting to go to class. It was amazing! I thought that the faucet would never stop leaking! I am very grateful for those memories though so that I could focus on the good. I can't believe how much our relationship has changed in these last 2 days. It is amazing! I am finally feeling loved by my 5 year old! Thanks to all of you who had told me that things will change. YOU WERE RIGHT!

2 comments:

Jules Holbrook said...

Hey, I just "happened" upon your blog. Totally good to see what you're up to! I'm adding you to my list...

Oh, and by the way, I don't know any good plumbers.

Unknown said...

It seems to me I cried every year My children left for school. I relished the days off and loved summer. The first year you can cry in front of your child and from then on it is reserved for behind closed front doors only.
Aren't you married to a handsome and talented plumber?