Monday, August 25, 2008

Peace, Be Still

Logan started preschool today and to my surprise, I was okay with it. I cried a little bit, but not nearly as much as I thought I would. I guess it was from all of the poured buckets that I did last week that had left me high and dry. Ever since my children started to talk and walk, I have always dreamed of having a quiet peaceful home. I finally have experienced it for a brief moment! It was amazing how much difference it made in our home today, when both Allyson and Logan were away at school. Yes I had my moments of tears because my babies are growing up too fast, but I also had the moment of silence where my head was clear and my thoughts of projects flying through. I couldn't believe how much I got done today. My laundry was folded and put away, my dishes were done, vacuuming wasn't being fought over, my bathrooms were clean from the soap and water that gets all over the counter tops from kids washing hands. I was astonished! Now on to painting and rearranging~ Oooh, maybe I will become a divine cook and practice new recipes or bake some cookies. Oh my goodness, I know, I know. Your thinking, Laurel, don't go overboard. Well, lets be real these are only thoughts in my head of things I wish to do. When will they be accomplished, I really have no idea! One day at a time, I guess.

1 comments:

Adam Forgie said...

I'm glad yesterday was better - not as much crying as last week. Your kids will have so much fun learning and making new friends outside of church; and they can always come home and be safe and loved.
Look at you being the domestic diva with only two kids! Looks like you don't need me after all!