Thursday, October 9, 2008

Midnight Caper....In my house????

I have had a bit of a rough week this week with some things and so I reached in to my freezer to have a nice chocolaty freezer pop and to my surprise there was an empty box. There must have been a bad case of the midnight capers in my house because I know that there were at least 4 the last time I checked.

I asked my oldest boy, "What happened to the ice cream pops that were in the freezer little man". Here was his reply: "I don't know mommy". I couldn't help but laugh because he was standing there with chocolate ice cream in his hair, on his face, running down his shirt. Here comes little D with his curly "brown" hair and his sticky fingers and a chocolaty face! So what a perfect opportunity to teach about stealing and what happens when we lie.

Me: "Logan, does it make Heavenly Father very happy when we tell mommy and daddy a lie or when we take something without asking?"

Logan: "No, but I pray."

Me: "How does it make you feel when you take it without asking."

Logan: "Did you see me? "

Me: "No, but I can see all of the chocolate on your face which tells me that you were in the ice cream."

I couldn't help myself but to think, Does he actually think that I can't see it on his face?

Moral of the story: Never leave your ice cream pops on the bottom of the freezer.

2 comments:

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Sorry about the rough week. I hope things are better and I hope you know we all love you. You have so many talents and are doing a wonderful job with your children.

Angela said...

That is hilarious!!!! I always love when the evidence is there:) Sorry no choco pops though--that is bad:)!