Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Reflecting Back

I was just remembering back about a year or two ago when my daughter refused to get in the car when I picked her up from preschool and she was throwing a fit the entire way home. When we finally reached the driveway, I took boys in and went back out to get her our of the van. She still refused, then I remember saying "When you are ready to calm down and come inside to join us, I will be waiting." I walked inside the house and the next thing I know, in she runs tears rolling down her face with a fear struck look on her face. This was her reply, "Mommy, the cop was going to take me to jail because I wasn't listening." Me: "What police man?", her: "The one that just slowed down in front of our house." I looked out the window and sure enough there was a police man rolling very slowly down the street. Even though the officer wasn't stopping for her, it sure made her realize that she had better get inside the house when mommy says.

I sure wish that we could remind them of the moments of complete realization of what is right!

0 comments: