Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Overwhelmed with Gratitude

I know that to some this may seem like another cry fest, but I just wanted to express some feelings that have been in my heart this last week. I am thankful for my family. Most of all my children. Even though I complain alot, I have never forgotten the joy that they do bring to my life. I am grateful for their testimonies of the gospel and the strength of the Holy Ghost that is in there cute little bodies. I am thankful for their responses when they are in class or when I am at home teaching them. I am thankful for their obedience when in other adults presence, and for the smiles that they give to others. I am thankful for my boys and their hugs that I get everyday!

I am grateful for Logan and his love for prayers. Never a day goes by that Logan has not reminded me to say a prayer at dinner time or at breakfast and lunch. I am grateful for the pictures that he draws for me when we are at church or even when he is at school. I am grateful for his ability to make new friends and be happy! I am grateful for Logan's stories that he tells to our family. I know that the Lord has blessed him in so many ways and I can't wait to experience them with him along the way.

I am grateful for Allyson and her testimony of Jesus and the scriptures and the reminders that she gives me to read my scriptures. I am grateful for her happiness and love that she shares with me and her friends. I am grateful for her love that she shows to her teachers at school and in primary. I am grateful for her teachers that have taught her gospel principles and the importance of going to the temple, past, present and in the future. Most importantly, I am grateful for her love of modesty and when she shares it with her friends at school and at church.

I am thankful for Dylan and his kisses that he gives to me each day. I am grateful that Heavenly Father allowed him to stay on this earth with us. I am grateful for his strength to fight through his illnesses and complications at birth. I am grateful for his smiles that he shares with all. I am grateful for the opportunity to be his mother on this earth. I am so grateful for his touch and his breath and his love. I know that he will be a very strong missionary someday in the future.

I am thankful for Cameron and his ability to make all of my children smile. I am thankful for his happiness. I am grateful for his ability to share a room with his brothers and sleep through the night. I am grateful to her his first words, mamma, dadda, etc. I am thankful for that cute little pout that he does right before he cries. I am grateful that he smiles and is happy most of the day.

I am grateful for my husband and for the love that he has for me. I am grateful for the opportunity that the Lord gave me to meet him. I am grateful for his love of the priesthood. I am grateful for his love of the Temple. I am grateful for his ability to do a little bit of everything. I am grateful that he has been given the opportunity to go to school and he is. I am thankful that he wants to better himself for us and for himself.

I am most grateful for my Heavenly Father and for the love that he has for me. I am grateful that he knows who I am and knows the tribulations that I will face. I am grateful that he is there for me to call upon when I am need of comfort. I am grateful that he is there when I need to talk. I am grateful that he has blessed me with the ability to feel the spirit through tears and through testimonies. I am grateful that he has blessed me with this wonderful family and I am truly indebted to him. I am grateful that He is merciful and kind. I am grateful for the friends that he has blessed me with in my life who have come and gone or are even still a part of my life.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

0 comments: